Voter status is a way of confirming if truly you are a registered voter in the Federal Republic on Nigeria. Independent National Electoral Comission (INEC) , Nigeria’s Election Umpire has a voter verification platform where all eligible and registered voters can check their status.
Every registered voter can check their status using any of the 3 available methods on the platform. This can be checked using;
- Date of Birth
- Voter Identification Number (VIN)
- Through SMS
Before we proceed, let see what is Voter Identification Number and how it can be located on either your permanent or Temporary Voters card.
What Is VIN?
VIN is a 19 digit unique voter’s Identification number used to identify each individual registered on INEC Database. It is located at the upper right hand corner of your voters card.
How To Check Voter Status Using Your Date Of Birth
To check your status using your date of birth, simply go to the voter verification platform.
- Click on check status using date of birth.
- Select your State, this should be the state where you are registered as a voter.
- Enter your Last Name (Surname), followed by your First Name.
- From the drop down, enter your date of Birth by selecting the day, followed by the month then the year.
- Tick the “I am not a robot” box and click on check.
The next page will show details of your registration which will include your date of registration, polling unit, full names as a confirmation that you are actually a registered voter.
How To Check Voter Status Using Your VIN
While still on the platform, Click on check status using VIN then follow these steps.
- From the drop down, select your state of registration
- Enter your Last Name (Surname)
- Input your VIN, you can either type in the full 19 digit or the last 5 digits
- Tick the Security check box and click on check.
This will display details of your registration which will include your date of registration, polling unit, full names and your date of birth.
How To Check Your Voter Status Through SMS
To do this, simply send an sms with your state, Last name, (Surname) VIN number (last 5 digits) using the format below to 08171646879.
“Edo, Alfred, 12345“
You should receive a response within 15 minutes confirming your voter’s registration status. Please note that SMS are charged at Local Network rates.
See Other Interesting Posts
- How To Fix A Slow SmartPhone In 7 Simple Ways
- How To Block Your ATM Card in Case Of Theft Or Fraud
- How To Transfer Airtime On Glo MTN Airtel And 9 Mobile
- Glo Nigeria Data Plans, Price and Subscription Codes
- 9mobile Data Plans, Price and Their Subscription Code
- How To Link Your NIN To Your Phone Number